Thursday, December 17, 2009

From our garden: Lilies





I have to confess a slight obsession with lilies- I started a couple of years ago. Some Asiatic and Christmas lilies. Then the next year I got some Orientals and more Christmas lilies. They are the best sort of flower- pop them in the ground or a pot, forget about them until the leaves pop up like little pineapples, then water and feed (only a bit) and then you are rewarded with these beautiful, and sometimes fragrant flowers.
The best bit is that they vegetatively reproduce themselves like crazy, after they're done you can dig up the bulb and there will be a twin and several small baby ones.
So my collection doubles itself each year!

1 comment:

frogpondsrock said...

I love lilies but unfortunately so do the wallabies. The wallabies eat my Christmas lilies, ginger lilies and my day lilies but they leave the tiger lilies alone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...