Monday, April 4, 2011

The long goodbye to the blue hut

So the builders have been busy- and the timber cladding is slowly going up. I think of it as a reverse strip tease!
I only had the little point and click camera, and conditions were not the best, but I think you can get the idea.


Rob has been busy painting every single one of those boards with a preservative to stop the boards going silver, or black with mould. It really is very smelly, after a day helping him move the boards around we both ended up with head aches. Not nice. But he's nearly finished. Will post more as the blue continues to disappear.

4 comments:

Sarah B said...

That's really exciting Hazel. The dodgy smell and headaches will all be worth it at the end :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great, you sound very excited!

Marian Hazel said...

It's getting there Steve and Sarah. I still wonder about that first night we'll spend there. It will take a little while to sink in I reckon.
A few things to do still before then though, just little things like kitches, septic tanks, bathrooms!

My Secret Rooms said...

How exciting with a Tasmanian blogger!!!
Wow :-)
I immediately think of the Tasmanian Devil. Are they frequent over there?

Best wishes, Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...