Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Snap it {on my plate}

The last few nights we've been enjoying fresh produce picked just before dinner from our garden. The peas and broad beans are abundant at the moment. Last night Rob and I wandered around the veggie garden and selected carrots and parsnips, silver beet and cute mini cauliflowers.

I snapped this photo of the basket before taking it inside.

Rob just cooked them in a little water and butter, so the carrots and parsnips were nice and firm still but the silver beet wilted. We sat at the table and enjoyed every mouthful.

It makes us so much happier when we eat fresh vegetables from our hut garden.

Photobucket
Playing along with Sarah at Faith Hope and a whole lotta love.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

They look gorgeous, I was admiring them on instagram. All sorts of goodness for those little womb-dwellers of yours.

Allana said...

Yum! Nothing better than fresh from your garden produce, especially cooked simply :)

admin said...

Gorgeous!! there is nothing better than eating from your own garden - yum! thanks for joining in today x

Mel said...

That looks wonderful - I love eating stuff straight from my garden.

Little Nan said...

Mmmmmm yum......
I can't wait to start picking from our own little patch! Wish everything would grow faster!!

Sarah B said...

I agree Marian, there's nothing quite as good as eating vege from your own patch. I get excited seeing my vegies grow, knowing how much I will enjoy them.
:)

ally said...

this theme is perfect for you
great basket and fab looking produce

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...