Monday, May 2, 2011

Can you have too much pink?

Well sorry I should qualify that statement- can you have too much pink at a baby shower for a much anticipated baby girl?
Photobucket
My little sister will have her baby daughter Maisy in about 4 weeks time. She will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family so there is much excitement about it all, so it was great fun to plan a baby shower for my little sis with her mother-in-law and sister-in-law.

I, of course, volunteered to organise the sweet food. So Rob and I spent most of Saturday and Sunday morning baking and icing: coconut cupcakes with buttercream frosting and a matching princess cake, heart shaped turkish delight, pink and white iced baby pram and bottle shaped gingerbread and raspberry macarons.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The venue overlooked a beach (which was spectacular enough) but we couldn't help but embellish with some pink tissue paper pom poms (Rob's daughter and I made them the night before), tulips and balloons.
Photobucket
Photobucket
A very girly afternoon followed that included sandwiches, bubbles and fruit punch, games and watching my sister open everyone's thoughtful gifts, which included some incredibly cute baby clothes and toys.
Can't wait to meet Maisy soon.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

You did SUCH a fabulous job! Everything looked amazing - I bet she really appreciated all the love and effort that went into the party :)

My Secret Rooms said...

It looks amazing, really! Seems like it would be a great evening :-)
Good job, indeed.

Sarah B said...

It looks fantastic! What gorgeous food. Your sister must have loved it!

Marian Hazel said...

Thanks Katrina, Anna and Sarah. She did have a great afternooon!

Emma Burgess said...

Hi Hazel,
I love the pink! My girls would too! Those gingerbreads made my mouth water. Hope it was a lovely party. Looking forward to hearing the good news soon. Emma. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...