Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Flowers: roses

The roses are still flowering at the hut. When I got 5 minutes earlier in the week I grabbed my new rose pruning gloves and picked some more red roses. The pink selection I picked last Friday are still looking beautiful in their vase. 


This dark red bloom is called Black Magic, it produces long stemmed roses, perfect as cut flowers. I think it's Rob's favourite.

These dark blooms are from a plant called Black Beauty. It produces tiny perfect blooms profusely on a thorn free bush, the reverse of the petals actually start off yellow.

The garden will be thankful for the constant showery rain we had today. For the first time since I was sick with mastitis I stayed in bed until lunch. The girls went to sleep by 9.30 last night, but woke at 1, 3, 5 and 7! So this morning when Rob got up I said I would be staying in bed! The girls even let me nap for an hour or so.

The girls are getting so chatty now, they love cooing away to us, and in the last few days to each other. They were 22 weeks old on Wednesday, or 8 weeks corrected. Despite being sleep deprived I enjoy my time with them so much. Even when little jobs I intend to do remain unfinished at the end of the day, I don't mind if I know I spent the time feeding, playing, talking or cuddling them.

Maggie

Elisabeth 



 


3 comments:

ally said...

The roses are divine - and I bet they smell heavenly
But they pale into comparison next to those adorable babes!!

Amanda said...

Those roses are stunning! How lovely to be able to bring such beauty into your home. And your two poppets are just adorable... SO sweet xx

limestone columns said...

Maggie, "Roses" and Elizabeth! all are so cute. nice one Hazel. xo
- Vinnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...