Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday's Menu

What a weekend hey? (Sorry for those of you not in Tasmania, the weather was quite perfect, warm days and evenings- even got up to 30 on Sunday!)
Highlights this week food wise- chicken wings and asparagus cooked on the BBQ, the most tiny, perfect egg and ham roll from the Pigeon Hole Cafe for breakfast, Roast pork with roasted fennel and carrots, some more French and Spanish cheese, bubbles over to celebrate our visiting friend, and new season nicola potatoes.

Photobucket
I was saddened to hear of the death of Sarah Watt, the Australian film director and animator from cancer. I really loved the movie Look Both Ways. I think of her children, Clem 18 and Stella 13, and her husband William McInnes, and think how desperately unfair life is sometimes. Today I listened to a recent interview with William on ABC National Radio and he was still so positive about the time he had left with his wife and had not the slightest indication of bitterness or self-pity. I can honestly say that if I was in a similar position I'm not sure I could be that brave or act with such grace.

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

Oh, you always make me hungry with your posts!

Anonymous said...

So sad about William McInnes's family, way too young, so unfair, you are so right. She seemed to be sick for a very long time.
That is one delicious spread of food there, lucky Tasmanians, love Posie

ally said...

I loved that film too
Life is very unfair.
Pigeon Hole is my very favourite cafe for alone time!!
Are they candied cumquats - I would love to know where to find them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...