Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday's Menu

Today I'm a little bit excited, as finally our window seat will be complete. You may remember about two months ago we had the timber frame installed. We were smitten, it was beautiful and functional with the book shelves and drawers for storage. We organised the foam cushions pretty quickly too, and it has become our favourite spot in the hut. We casually draped some throw rugs over to protect the foam from the puppies and then were a bit slack about lining up the upholsterer. He took the cushions away last Monday and I've just organised for them to be delivered this evening.
We bought some new throw rugs that will match and some red pillow cases for the cushions. I can't wait to see it all together!

Photobucket
Photobucket
So quickly our menu this week-
Salads with cheese, or latchet fillets and boiled Nicola potatoes, or asparagus, avocado and home grown beets. Another spring vegetable risotto. We headed out to lunch at Written on Tea during the week for some of their fried green beans with pork mince and chilli. We hadn't been there in ages and they were delicious if a little too spicy for me.
I was a bit too self-conscious to take photos at the drink party or the lunch at the vineyard, but our ocean trout gravlax was delicious on top of some Pigeon Hole Sourdough with horseradish cream. It's our favourite recipe for entertaining.  Rob's sisters had also made blini with smoked trout, roulades, sushi, rice paper rolls, and a few other hot nibbles, so there was no shortage of food.
On Sunday we had a late brunch of Mount Gnomon bacon, Wursthaus sausages, tomatoes and eggs on the Weber, which set us up for the whole day really, we just had a bowl of tomato, vegetable and pasta soup for dinner.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh my! I have just had dinner but now I am hungry again! x

Phoebe said...

I can't wait to see the finished cushions all together in the window seat! I love the fabric!

Kaylovesvintage said...

that looks like good food to me

My Secret Rooms said...

Oh, my goodness - it all looks and seems great!!!!!

Katrina said...

LOVE your idea of ocean trout gravlax on top of Pigeon Hole Sourdough with horseradish cream - I think I will certainly have to try it myself, yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...