Thursday, March 8, 2012

Liebster


The lovely Mel from Coal Valley View has nominated my blog for a 


Some background: Liebster is a German word, meaning favourite, dearest or beloved and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
  1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
  4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
I hope none of my nominees take this the wrong way; like me some of them have been blogging for awhile. You know what? I don't measure the success of my blog by the number of followers I have. I started blogging to document our life at the hut, I had always been a diary writer and it seemed a more efficient and attractive way of keeping track of what we have gotten up to. But meeting like-minded people both here and around the world is certainly a great bonus and I certainly am inspired by others blogs. It is lovely to have a blogging community and I often feel closer to some of my online friends than some people I see everyday!

My five nominations are:
  1. Roberta from Rowantree Design
  2. Pauline from Occasional Food Fairy
  3. Ally from Everyday Miracles
  4. Phoebe from Ballynoe Cottage
  5. Julie from Four Leaves
My 5 random facts? Now that's the part that has been stumped.
  1. I am very short sighted. Without my contact lenses or glasses I can barely see past my nose. Needless to say I detest wearing my glasses and will avoid that at all costs. Rob doesn't mean to tease me, but often he'll say at night- wow look at all those stars! I can't see the window frame clearly let alone the night sky! 
  2. I really don't like getting my hands sticky. So the other night when I was rolling minute meatballs I really couldn't wait until it was over and could wash it off. A bit obsessive compulsive, but there you have it. But for some reason dirty/muddy hands in the garden is different?
  3. I don't enjoy hot (spicy) food. Give me anything remotely hot with chilli, and I will always manage to breathe in exactly when the chilli hits the back of my throat causing a coughing fit and a very red face. This is bad enough at home, but most embarrassing when out!
  4. I always wanted to live in the country. I tried to convince my parents to move out of suburbia when I was a teenager. I designed a grand country home. I avidly read my mother's Country Style magazines. Living at our little hut is much better than I hoped. I feel comfortable and relaxed there.
  5. Not so much a fact but a silly story that will hopefully make you laugh. I was in Sydney a couple of years ago for a work trip, and had to pay for my ferry fare in a ticket machine. God knows what came over me but I paid for a single trip with a $50 note. It was like winning at the pokies. I watched in horror as my change started flying out of the the machine in $1 coins! At first I just put my hands under the slot but in the end just opened up my handbag and let the coins fall in. This of course caused much amusement to my fellow commuters.
There you go. Thanks again Mel.


5 comments:

Rowantree Design said...

Oh, big hugs and thanks Hazel. I will have to get the sailor the do the linky thing on my blog page!

Anonymous said...

A great post ... its very cool. Good luck!

P

Rowantree Design said...

Hazel is the Leibster award a widget? Or do I just cut and paste it?

Anonymous said...

Nice one Hazel,love the new heading picture btw!

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

Love it Hazel! And I love your Hut! I can totally relate to the icky sticky things on hands feeling - I'm completely fine with 'real' dirt from outside but not the grime you get on your skin from being in a large city all day or using public transport etc. I can imagine the ferry incident happening teehee :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...