Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Snap it {old}

Photobucket

Playing along again at Faith Hope & a whole lotta love.

I'm not being cheeky, I mean that the following photos are old, not my father or grandmother!
I should scan more of these images of my parents and their families.
These are of my father when he was around one, so they are over 60 years old.
My father was born prematurely, and apparently lived in hospital for quite some time, wrapped in cotton wool and olive oil (life before humidity cribs). Apparently my grandmother would go and visit him in hospital every day. One day her doctor seemed surprised that Dad was still there, apparently the nurses had taken quite a fancy to him, and were reluctant to let him leave!
So I'm sure his 1st birthday would have been quite a celebrated event.

Photobucket

Photobucket

12 comments:

Vic said...

Oh my, what gorgeous photos! How special that you have these, thank you for sharing them! Vic xx

Julia Kuku Couture said...

These are fabulous, how lucky you are to have them

leanne can blog said...

These are great, I love the 1st shot, very sweet.

Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

Love these!
Your Grandmother was beautiful!

Marian Hazel said...

The thing is, she still is beautiful. Not even 10 years ago, people often mistook her for Dad's wife if they were together!

Dee said...

Oh I love old photos! These are beautiful.

melissa said...

Lovely photos - I love looking back at old photos and these two are fantastic. Your gradmother really was beautiful. xx

Little Nan said...

Such a happy boy in the first one! And look at his lips in the second! People would pay alot of money to get lips like that! I love looking at old family photos....and hearing the lovely stories behind them!

All For Love said...

What gorgeous old photos, they are truly lovely Hazel. Such precious, special moments in time captured and I love the black and white. Many of my parent's old photos have the venetian blinds in the background too, such a 50's/60's look.
Thank you for your comment on my post Hazel, I was unable to reply to you as it appears you don't have email activated... but it meant a great deal and you know where to find me if you should need to, anytime xo

Stasha said...

Thanks for sharing. Good genes seem to be in your family :)

My Secret Rooms said...

Beautiful photos!!
I can see the family resemblance.

admin said...

what special memories! just amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...