Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Snap it {up close}


Photobucket


This weeks theme is up close. Being a botanist and married to another, we tend to look at plants up close. That's how we can tell them apart, and whilst I can appreciate a whole forest, or a particularly majestic or gnarled tree, I think the true beauty of plants is most appreciated up close.

I can take no credit for the following images. Rob loves to take macro photos of Tasmanian natives, and has an eye for finding something a little unusual up close. The following are just a selected few (from the 90 images he forwarded to me) and of the several thousand he has.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
All images Rob Wiltshire


9 comments:

Allana said...

Oh wow, they are absolutely gorgeous!

All For Love said...

Fabulous photos! Loving all that texture and colour xo

Little Nan said...

I say Oh Wow too! They are STUNNING!!!!

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Oh my, these photos are insane. I love that you can see the hair on the bugs legs & the water drop on the flower...beautiful. Your husband is a talented man!
x

Rowantree Design said...

Hazel, a botanist, I am so excited! I will have to bow to you.....have loved plants al my life and collect botanist pics. I have met the real deal. LOVE. xx

Marian Hazel said...

Thanks for all your comments about Rob's photos, he loves it!
Roberta-please don't bow to me! We're always learning new things, and I certainly only know a little about specific plants, although I appreciate most!

ally said...

I think being a botanist sound so exotic and clever
And I love Rob's photos - espeically the water drop on the gum flower - May Gibbs would be in heaven

leanne can blog said...

These photos are really stunning, all of them!

mumofsix said...

Those photos are fantastic. I'm going to show them to my budding gardener and plant lover age 5. So keen to nurture his enthusiasm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...