Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday's Menu

It felt like summer. After a poor start to my culinary week in Canberra, we made up for lost time over the last few days.
Shropshire Lamb Shoulder from Mount Gnomon Farm on Australia day. It was seriously tender. I'll have to order another before long I think. Eaten with roasted vegetable couscous, mint, cucumber and yoghurt, and beans.
A lovely fruit mince tart decorated with hearts.
Basil, we ate it as pesto on Friday night and then with real tomatoes on fresh bread on Saturday and Sunday for lunch.
Chicken provencal, again, it's my new favourite summer dish, with steamed new potatoes or rice.
Banana ice cream, easiest recipe ever, blitz 4 bananas, add a can of condensed milk and some cream. Churn.
Berries, in summer puddings or mixed through whipped cream. Our little patch of alpine strawberries are going crazy.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Sarah B said...

Yum! Remove the meat and I'd happily stuff my face with it all. We had homemade pizza with basil, homegrown tomato, mozzarella and garlic tonight which was yummy. After seeing your dishes i thought j had better put in an effort. Yes, it does feel like we're having a summer this year :)

Carey King said...

Oooo I love your blog! Stumbled across it this morning on the CJC blog. I'm a newly qualified pastry chef and wife and I will be stopping by for your awesome food ideas! Your life looks so tranquil, what a stunning home! Nice to meet you:)

Katrina said...

Yum yum yum! That chicken provencal looks tempting - do you mind if I ask where you found the recipe? I'd love to try it ... especially after all your hype ;)

ally said...

A veritable feast!!!

Rachael said...

Lovely, just lovely!

Pauline said...

I always look forward to your Monday menu posts! :)

Marian Hazel said...

Your pizza sounds delicious too, hmm we haven't had one in a while now!

Marian Hazel said...

welcome Carey, thanks for visiting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...